Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our Big Kid

Job is growing up so fast! I cannot believe he will be 6 this Summer. He reached a milestone about 4 months ago when he lost his first teeth (both bottom row front teeth). Then last week he lost his front top tooth! This big gaping hole in his grin makes me marvel - he's growing so fast. I remember losing that top tooth and how it felt funny and how old it makes a kid look to be missing their "baby" teeth. Before I post some pics here's some things I LOVE about my big kid:

- He loves to curl up and read a good book. He's the oldest and gets the most out of our reading times. He always wants "just one more chapter!". We just started Charlotte's Web after finishing Paddington Bear a few weeks ago.

- He loves to serve. He will go grab me a blanket, help his siblings wash their hands or ask me if he can load the dishwasher (yes, he's just 5!).

- He is our most outgoing one. He thrives in social situations and loves to make others laugh....just as his cousins :) He's really a natural leader and I'm thankful for that though at times it can take more out of you to shepherd a "leader".

- His adoring looks at daddy lately. He wants to be just like dad. "Is that water you are drinking, daddy? I'll take water please mom..." So. Cute.

I am happy to watch the journey of your growth my sweet boy.