Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hiking & Baseball.

We had some refreshing time this week. Weeks fly here! One of the main challenges to life here for me is planning better and being intentional with my time.

With all that said, time with my family and our kids is a MUST for staying sane here! We need to just get out (or stay in) and have that down time to reconnect and take everything in...

So this week, amidst language and starting school with my oldest, we had our first hiking experience here. There's a mountain near our home that's beautiful and we watch the sun pour through it's hills each morning through our windows. One day this week after language we thought it would be fun to take the kids and explore some. It was amazing! I'm telling you when we are out in nature and experiencing a little more of the rural landscape - my heart sings!



On our way up there was a fruit and vegetable guy. A lot of these sellers use old school scales to weigh their stuff. He gave Job a peach. I have rarely bought fruit at a place where they have not just given my children a piece of fruit that I did not pay for. I ask you, when was the last time that happened to you at WalMart? : )


The fruit and vegetables here are so vibrant and amazing in flavor.



My little hikers!

This was on the way up. It was a temple for worship and honoring ancestors.

Unique details...






Our city from the top:




On Friday we got to go to a local campus and play American style baseball with some students who are learning to play for fun. We had a blast! The kids and I cheered daddy on and enjoyed LOTS of attention via passer by's. My children may return to America someday thinking they are real celebrities.

Phin's serious baseball face ... or maybe this is "I'm a thug in the hood with my bat" face...not sure which:

One glimpse of the crowd we drew playing this "American sport":

No, that's not Alex Rodriguez... just my handsome hubby.

We had a good week. We are taking some time this week to rest, look over our days and move some things around so our schedule runs smoother and the "good" doesn't get placed above the "best" for this busy season right now.

Blessings.