Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ikea arrives. Green Smoothies are good.

We've had a busy last week or so. Getting into a weekly routine of buying groceries, fruit and such and meeting our language tutor, a possible house helper and trying to make our place our own. We came in the door the other night from eating at a restaurant and it felt so much more like home to me. A great feeling when so many things are so unfamiliar! Speaking of fruit and groceries...take a look at last week's finds from my sweet little family who sells me fruit (I must get a picture sometime of them):





The photo directly above is one of the things I have been using all the fruit in. It's a green smoothie. It looks like it would possibly taste like grass, I know, but it's sweet and yummy because you add lots of fruit in after you've blended a bunch of spinach up...I've made these lots before but never had such a great reason to make them every single morning now that I have such easy access to great fruit/vegetable variety. Our whole family drinks a glass and the kids love it (it's dinosaur juice) - great way to get veggies in. Here's a book about them. Here's a website with lots of yummy recipes and ideas.

We got our furniture from Ikea! We also got the kids bunk beds! We were so happy to finally get these things to start making things feel more like a home. We are going to keep chipping away at hanging things, putting things together, etc but here's a shot of our living room so far:

I love how much light our home gets. Light makes such a difference in the feel of a house.

We are good. We miss everyone so much! But we are slowly making strides in trusting in the good plans Dad has for us here, watching that unfold every day is totally amazing. Watching our little family grow and experience it together is a gift. The 4 people I live with every day make this such an adventure!

Blessings.