Friday, July 16, 2010

One word: IKEA!

We have been using the last week to recover from jet-lag and get our house set up. We love our place and the windows in it are huge - basically floor to ceiling in the living/dining area. All that natural light just makes a person happier :) I got to take a really fun trip to the capital city's Ikea. Neat experience. New experience. Like nothing I've done before. I got the chance to go with a friend and I had such a good time. We lit up when we got inside with all the endless possibilities! I tried to keep it simple and buy items I know our place needs but also choose some items that I loved for making it ours. I think it's important to make this place "home". Not just what's functional but what will feel like our little refuge and place of refreshment. For my own heart it's important I decorate and love on my little place. Isn't "homemaker" my technical job description??

Anyways, a few items I got - HERE is the couch I chose. I love it. And THESE to go on my walls in beautiful white frames.

I have to explain the photo below. They love jelly type texture here in things or just odd combinations. Here's and example for you - Coffee Jelly anyone? From what I understand it's like a frappuchino with chunks of jelly in it.



Here we are enjoying REGULAR mocha Fraps sans the Jelly chunks :)

We are doing well. The kids are good. We are just taking it one.day.at.a.time here. There's so much to learn, so many moments feeling unable to do much on our own but trying to remember it's all a good thing. We have always been in this state, there's just times we "felt" more in control. We are battling to embrace this season before we don't see our need as much as we normally would. We are trying to enjoy being made to grow in these new ways. Be thinking of us in this regard!

Oh I have so much more to post but that will be for a later time...