Thursday, August 12, 2010

Celebrating 7 years.

Marriage is a flawed person married to a flawed person in a fallen world but with a faithful God.
-Paul Tripp



This week I got to celebrate 7 years of marriage to this precious man. I cannot say in words how much I am aware of the grace I gain daily by being married to Him. Not because He's a perfect leader nor because I am a perfect helper but we are growing by grace and learning to love better. Even moving overseas has begun to shape and strengthen our relationship in new ways. I love experiencing this culture with the man I adore. I await future challenges and struggles to die to self with hope because it's a good work going on to deepen love and humility toward one another.




We were blessed to celebrate this sweet occasion with a date out. Our friends were kind enough to keep the kids and it was our first moments out together without them. How do you celebrate when you live in Asia, your familiar date night restaurants don't exist and you don't know your city very well? You go around the corner from your apartment to a local massage place and get a really amazing couples foot and back massage for about $10 US dollars *I should add a note we were sure this place was top notch and not shady if you know what I'm sayin'*. And then you go out to a really American feeling restaurant that your growing to love in your neck of the woods. Then you come back to kids offering you their card masterpieces made especially to help you celebrate. You fall asleep watching the movie you watched on one of your first dates together. For us, bliss.



Undeserving of such great gifts like this. More thankful than if I'd just gone to a Chili's in my own old home-town. Realized how valuable time with my husband is and how situations here truly have unique perks and gifts if I have eyes to see them...