Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Slices of Life.

Here's what could be seen at my kitchen table this morning:


Two sweet boys doing schoolwork. Phin isn't actually in K yet but he's certainly always learning. Lately he likes to listen in on Job's lessons or help us do math or trace letters. I love the way Job's sitting in the above picture. He can usually be seen sliding or tapping or stretching during schoolwork. It's not a bad thing, it's just that the sweet boy's got so much energy. It's what makes him my Job. It just means sometimes we do jumping jacks in between math and phonics :) ....

And here's what could be see in my kitchen on any given Wednesday. Felicity helping May make our weekly applesauce. May only talks to her in the local language and they have so much fun. May is so patient with the kids when they want to "help" and I love that. She slows down enough to enjoy my kids and interact. I'm blessed to have her....





I have realized recently things are normal for me that were not "normal" 6 months ago. Like my kids being totally capable of eating with chopsticks. They actually ask to use them for lunch or anytime we are eating Asian food.

Phin in action:
Here's a snapshot of one of today's lunch dishes. May cooks twice a week for lunch. Today was carrots and also eggplant with spicy green peppers, cooked in a wok with yummy seasonings.