Friday, October 22, 2010

Photo sketches: Our Nature Field

It's taken us a little while to find a place here we can get outside and play. There's not a lot of kids parks or grassy areas that are clean, open and somewhat secluded. Ever since my boys were little we have seen the value of getting them out to run around, interact with nature and enjoy the outdoors. Felicity is all too happy to explore flowers, grass and plants. That's why I am simply thankful for this chunk of free grass across from our apartment. Lined with trees to hide us a bit. Framed with patches of flowers and complete with a large tree perfect for climbing. I'm sure when winter blows through it will be a great place to romp in the snow. The kids have properly named it "Our Nature Field". Sometimes we just go and read books, eat a snack there and burn energy. Things like this speak mounds to my heart about how much God cares. The little things. Meeting needs for my family. This little Nature Field truly does

SHOUT. HIS. KINDNESS - to little ole' me - IN. A .THOUSAND.WAYS.

We admire flowers getting ready for winter.

We jump.

We chase butterflies.


We make wishes.


We laugh.




And I just sit back and enjoy the moments. Soak in his goodness. Taking it in and dwelling on what he has given, not just what I'm missing out on in America. And that really is good for my soul.