Thursday, October 28, 2010

Whats New.

We've had a busy last couple weeks. Busy with the right things though, I think. Continuing to find our routine, which is not always easy nor quick. But I'm really wanting to let this time do a good work in my heart. It's often tiring and has many aching moments for what's familiar. But I want this "season" to till up some hard soil so fresh rain and growth make their way deep into the roots of this tree (me). Making Psalm 1 mine has filled my thoughts this week:

But she delights in the law of the LORD
meditating in it day and night.
She is like a tree planted along the riverbank
Bearing fruit in each season.
Her leaves never wither.
She prospers in all she does.

Life right now means language filled afternoons with Fridays off. For this month it means Fall is beginning her goodbye's and our days are shorter. We eagerly await snow's appearance in the next month - who knows what new things we will like/dislike by living in a snow filled city for almost half a year? Because of the chill I'm usually wearing a light jacket in the house (no heat yet). After the kids have drifted off and the quiet comes, I've been reading or watching an old season I've never seen of Biggest Loser. I'm usually eating chocolate or popcorn when I watch it though...not sure that's a normal reaction.

And enjoying schooling my first grader - we collected seeds this week for science! Using great books to teach all three has always been something I enjoy. I realize even more now how this time with my kiddos is an important beam in building up my home. It's not just "good" for everyone, it's pouring into their lives and finding time to enjoy being a mom in a season where things are still shifting.

Speaking of family... our families are incredible. Just look at the things that have been packed into a box filled with love, hugs and delight and made their way across the Pacific to our front door lately:








And trust me there was more. Body wash. Books. Candy. Craft stuff. Spices. A fall candle. Cards. A cute shirt. A brownie Pan. Little things that could easily be seen as frivolous but oh how they matter! Those little things remind me that I am thought of and known. Our whole little family is. And I value this stuff a gazillion times more than I would have had I nabbed it off the overflowing shelves at Target. They are gifts ... Undeserved gifts from the undeserved ones in our lives :)