Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Downtown.

We went downtown this weekend which was fun. When we first arrived some months ago going downtown was stressful and busy. Taxi, bicycles and busses everywhere with no driving rules. A whole lot of people in one place. Narrow Streets. Add 3 little kids and it made me nervous and could be more stressful than fun. I really enjoyed our time there this past weekend. We went looking for a Christmas tree (no luck yet with one that looks semi-decent). We ate street food. We tried to chat with the ladies selling clothing who A.D.O.R.E my children. We bought really good raisins from the kind men scooping from the mounds open on their carts....And we ate the "hamburg". It's like one of their "fast foods" and it's yummy. Don't think of the American hamburger at all, it's so different. I'm telling you they have some great, fast and healthy food stuff here. Love a lot of it. Here's my three little kiddos enjoying eating one.

It's like a large English muffin/pita type of bread with a sweet, tangy sauce which you can also add spice too.

You pick what you want on it. Different meats, cucumbers, lettuce, tomato and a fried egg.

We got some marinated chicken also on it. They cook it up right there for you.

And the sellers always smile. At us. At my kids. People here are generally so friendly. And I usually wonder, what's their story? Their grief? Their joys?

So downtown trips are getting to be more fun for us and I'm thankful for that.